Aside from any other duties that may be assigned by the Lagos State and the ministry i.e The ministry of Home Affairs, the Lagos State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring effective and efficient pilgrimage operations for intending Muslims in the state. The Board also;
• Protect and safe guard the interest and welfare of Muslim pilgrims on Holy pilgrimage as well as providing necessary logistic arrangement and contact with appropriate Federal Government agencies on issues of immigration and foreign currency for pilgrims.
• Providing necessary assistance in matters relating to the health of pilgrims within and outside the country.
• The establishment and maintenance of an adequate information system including the publication of literature or audio visual films for the purpose of educating the pilgrims.
• Making suitable arrangement for inoculation, transportation and accommodation of Muslims pilgrims among st others.
The office of the Lagos State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board is Structured into (9) units for effective service delivery. The units are as follows.
- The Executive Secretary’s office
- The Administrative Unit
- The Operations Unit
- The Public Affairs Unit
- The Accounts Unit
- ICT Unit
- Budget / Planning Unit
- Procurement Unit
- Audit Unit